6.04.2014

My Husband the Infamous Pilot and Some Awesome Aerobatics


This past weekend Joe's family came out to visit from Colorado and one of the fun things we did was visit the air show in Virginia Beach. Joe and some of his fellow pilots set up a table to raise money to help support their squadron, when they soon found out that they were the air show's newest celebrities. I swear if they would have charged $1 for every picture someone wanted to take with them they would have walked away millionaires. My poor husband's very sunburned mug is now in a lot of people's vacation albums and I'm pretty sure the single guys got quite a few numbers from the ladies.




 Father son bonding moment

planes, air show, military
I didn't realize just how cool Ospreys were! 
(My favorite part of this picture though is the two little boys in flight suits in the right hand corner)

raptor, air show, air force, planes, jets
And of course the piece de resistance, the F-22. 
It is so hard to get a good picture of this plane, it is too fast.

Me and my Raptor pilot

Joe's dad and his super sweet wife Becky

The 'celebrities' of the air show. It was hilarious to look back every now and then and see all of them watching the planes with this excited little boy glimmer in their eyes - I cracked up every time.

11 comments:

  1. This looks awesome! I wonder if we'll ever bump into each other at things around here :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure wouldn't surprise me! if it ever has to do with airplanes you can pretty much guarantee that we will be there.

      Delete
  2. Great photos! I have always loved our airshow. We are close enough to it that all the cool jets fly right over our house. Glad you had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that is so cool, it's like having your own private air show!

      Delete
  3. HOW AMAZING!? I think that would be so fun to see :) you were the wife of a celeb for a few hours ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha I guess that will be my claim to fame in life ;P

      Delete
  4. That looks like it was so much fun! And hey it had to nice to see him getting so much attention! :)

    Love Always,
    Elizabeth
    thejourneycreatingme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And you know what, these guys really do work their butts off so they deserve the attention. I was just so funny to watch!

      Delete
  5. you look super cute! those pictures look so good!! what camera do you use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl! I use a Canon PowerShot Sx260 HS. It's nice because it has some features of a manual camera while still being small like a digital and works great outdoors, but it's real downside is that if you don't have a lot of natural light it's quite a bit harder to get a good quality picture. I'm hoping to get a DSLR someday but this does the trick for now

      Delete
  6. Gorgeous such gorgeous pictures!

    ReplyDelete